Saturday, November 14, 2009
Ruins in Ujarras
Last Sunday, Theresa and I went to church in Cartago with the Lamme's. After church we had a picnic at the ruins in Ujarras with some of the young people in the church. The ruins are from a church that was built in 1570.
The church in Cartago
Costa Rica has a lot of legends about different parts of the country. Most of the legends were made up by the Indians a long time ago. One of those legends is called The Fall of the Woman, and as legend goes, a woman was on her way to get married when her horse stumbled on some rocks, and she went sliding down this mountain in the picture above. I'm not really sure what the point of the legend is; I guess I need to research that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment