Monday, September 28, 2009

Grupo de Jovenes

On Saturday night we had our second monthly Grupo de Jovenes (Young People's Group) for all of the Reformed 18-30 year-olds in San Jose. It was encouraging to see around thirty-five people come from four different Reformed churches. We spent the evening eating, talking, having devotions, playing ping-pong, and watching La Liga beat Saprissa in soccer 5-0 (although they took away two of the goals, so it was really only 3-0 but 5-0 looks way more impressive). I was happy to finally see my team beat the most hyped-up team in the country. The night ended with Theresa and I getting back at Lester by egging him to celebrate his birthday.


Playing ping-pong


La Liga fans happy after our team scored its third goal. Juan (the guy with his head down) didn't appreciate his team getting scored on again.



Watching the game



Playing golf, the card game

Some of the people from Los Cuadros

Playing rummikub


Andres and Andres playing ping-pong

Theresa and I trying to get away before Lester comes after us.

Lester trying to figure out what just happened to him

No comments:

Post a Comment