Last night I arrived at the Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose around 9pm. My flight arrived safely and was pretty much on schedule, so that was an answer to prayer. Aletha Green, the director at the Tepeyac Christian School, met me at the airport and drove me to my new apartment in Guadalupe. I am going to be staying in an apartment off of a house owned by Don Carlos and Doña Hilda; I have my own private room and bathroom, and then there is a kitchen outside (half of it has a roof over it and the other half is open to the sky) that is mine to use. It´s very different than a home in the US, but I think it will work great. I´ll try to post pictures sometime, so you can see what it looks like.
Today I have been working at the school with Alexandra, who is the other elementary school English teacher. She has been showing me around and explaining the curriculum that the school uses. Tonight I will be eating dinner with a work team that is here from Grand Rapids, MI. They have been here for a week working on the elementary school and the new high school, and tomorrow I´ll be going to the Manuel Antonio beach with them. I probably should stay at the school and work on my lessons, but I couldn´t pass up such a good opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you got there safe! And I wouldn't pass up the beach for work either! =) We're keeping you in our prayers! I hope your school year goes well!
ReplyDelete